Wednesday, September 30, 2009

exactly a month

so i've been here exactly 30 days...and am listening to the 500 days of summer soundtrack (not really important information, i just appreciate the number + days coincidence)
and i've figured out several things:
-i'm impatient about my internship

-i've just started to feel like my french is getting somewhere

-i have a semi-unhealthy relationship with coffee

-sometimes the french need to chill out and wear brighter colors and smile

-i'm not sure i'll ever get sick of this song "Sweet Disposition" very gratifying for a multitude of reasons

-i should be going to bed right now...i have my midterm tomorrow

-i'm not gonna want to wake up tomorrow, BUT i'll try to remember to say "Rabbit, rabbit!" when i do

-i'm not sure i'm ever gonna be completely satisfied with any one country cause they're too much of one thing or many things. traveling is like having a bunch of friends that you appreciate for different reasons and do different things with: someone to go to the party with, someone to go to the theatre, someone to go to the movies, someone to just sit and have a coffee with, someone for the museums, and the best friend is one you don't have to do anything with...you just enjoy being together.
I'm still working on my country "best friend"
I'm honestly not sure if i'll ever find it, or if i need to...something to think about



2 comments:

willym said...

ohhh rachitoooo i miss u what are u doing in paris exactly internship or studying?

Unknown said...

Oh how I feel the exact same way friend!!
I really hope some day I find my "best friend" country/state/city!!!
But most importantly I am jealous of your coffee habit... I am quite addicted to it but do not drink it because its just not good for me, which makes me very nostalgic whenever someone talks about its wonderful texture, delectable taste, soothing smell, finger-tingling warmth... the list goes on.
Needless to say I would like a cup right now C;