Friday, April 27, 2012

We're off to see the wizard...or indoor plumbing!

Here it is, folks. This is my, 'I'm leaving Peace Corps' post. I'm parting ways with peace Crops peacefully and happily. I've accepted my invite to pursue a Masters in Development Practice at Trinity College Dublin. My journeys are not coming to an end, on the contrary, they are just beginning. I'm excited for new opportunities and new adventures and ultimately, I'm doing this all so I can do more things for more people than I could here and in these circumstances. I do wish that this had all gone a little differently, but life is what it is and ultimately I feel like you do what you can with what you have when you have it and when you have to. I really want to document the part of this process that few people address. Most Peace Corps blogs end with leaving but I really want to document the horrors and confusions that are reverse culture-shock. My blog began long before Peace Corps, and perhaps to your chagrin, will continue long after! Let the new chapter begin, let me turn the page and pick a really cool transition word. Maybe I can work on a "Changes" montage, complete with David Bowie soundtrack!! You're welcome in advance. (Also sorry in advance if you see me soon and start to worry about my singing David Bowie all day. Remember, my human interactions have been few, far between, and primarily with people who think that bowel movements are acceptable polite conversations for mealtimes. You can hardly fault my readjustment from that, right? I will be overwhelmed in Targets and may start crying trying to pick a toothpaste. This experience has undoubtedly changed my life and I will always value all the madness that it has been and given me...the neuroses will take years to undo!! But truly, thanks for all your support throughout this and all your hope and faith for the future!

No comments: